Monday, August 17, 2009

the retreat....

On Friday August 14th, was our annual Relief Society retreat. It was a great turnout with great food and friends. Thanks to all of you who helped us out.
We did a lot of fun things. Dawn Nessl brought her art supplies so the sisters could draw and paint the beautiful scenery. We worked in our Thankful Books (pictures of them are on here, just keep scrolling down). We had a delicious dinner with some dessert. Then we had a devotional and sisters bore their testimonies of what they're thankful for.
It was a great weekend....

Adri Soffe, Tonia Bowman, Ashley Green
Kimberly Robison, Jenn Polson

Ruth Brundage


Becky Allred, Aubrey Wentworth



These beauties are our Thankful Books. Jenn and Rachel Paez made them and they are FABULOUS! Thanks you guys!




Here we all are gathered for our devotional...





Jenny Nicholas relaxing in her chair :)






The "young" cabin stayed up WAY too late and painted our nails and toes...






..by the end of it, April couldn't get out of bed to help Adri, Ashley and Aubrey scare Kimberly...









..and boy were we ready to scare Kimberly..... lookin' good Adri :)











Now here's the best part. I got a few videos of some sisters dancing.....
Let's just say, we've got some sisters who can move!









I just want all of you sisters to know that I'm very thankful for you. Your friendships, testimonies, love, and examples. Thank you for always being willing to serve others that are in need!

I love you.

P.S. There's another video I have of Shirley Nielson dancing, but it won't load. Darnit. I will keep trying :)

3 comments:

Grandmakicki said...

glad to see the post. I know that I do not want to talk about it. But you look like you had fun, I do wish I was there but you know that family is first and it was a fun night and a beautiful wedding. So proud of my neice for getting married in the Salt Lake Temple. And I did have all of my childern with me the whole day. What more can a mother ask for. Hope to make the retreat for next year. I always save a vacation day for it.

April Diaz said...

The retreat was great! and it makes me smile all over again to see these pics. Thank you Aubrey! Looking forward to the next retreat......

Nourishing Creations said...

Awww Makes me miss you ladies SO much! I wish I could have been there!